The medieval castle of Lavaux-Ste-Anne

Rare, superb and exceptionally well-protected witness. A challenge by Jean II de Berlo.
About 1450, Lavaux had been conceived in order to set back an attack : ditches, curved dike forcing to lay oneself open, drawbridge, loopholes, round towers offering less hold to balls ; dominant donjon and ultimate refuge in case of danger ...
In 1630, the Renaissance is spreading, Baron Jacques Reynard de Rouveroy becomes enamoured of the old fortress. He grabs it, makes himself a party to it. He pulls down the north side and thus opens the courtyard, raises the levels and puts himself comfortably between the towers with an abundance of bricks, stone transoms, mullions, pilasters and corners. All at once, the castle is opening up to the outside and to the joy in life. The farmhouse dates from the same time and its gate is reminiscent of that of the castle to a lesser extent.

Today, the sumptuous décor magnifies the art of building, the know-how of the companions and of the craftsmen, hunting in art, venery, falconry, gamy brushwoods and seems to be wrapped in a veil of deep meditation on nature and its inhabitants

Les Amis du Château a.s.b.l.

Château, 8
5580 Lavaux-Ste-Anne
Ph :  00/32/84/38 83 62  -  Fax : 00/32/84/38 73 02
E-Mail :
Website  :

Open : daily (except 1/1)
from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. 

(7 p.m. July & Aug.)
Duration : 1.45 hrs.

Access E 411
Motorway Brussels to Luxemburg, exit 22a
From Luxemburg to Brussels, exit 23